After many years with the Compass Project, our program director Shane Hall will be leaving to teach special needs children full time. That leaves us with big shoes to fill at Engine…here is who we’re looking for:
Compass Project/FabLab Program Director
Engine seeks a Program Director to lead the development and implementation of youth and community maker programs for the nonprofit organization’s Compass Project program and in the Maine FabLab. The Compass Project is a boat building program for youth and young adults. The Maine FabLab is a digital fabrication makerspace. The ideal candidate will a desire to provide structure and support to youth through hands-on and project-based experiential educational opportunities. Experience in a formal or informal education environment, experience in woodworking/boatbuilding, and knowledge of the boatbuilding and maker community is strongly preferred.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the growth and implementation of the maker program and events.
The position will be 20-30 hours per week until August 15 and then full-time. Compensation $20/hour.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing youth programs for the Compass Project and in the Maine FabLab, including semester and yearlong school-based collaborations, and camp programs.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing community programs for the Compass Project and in the Maine FabLab.
- Managing commissioned boatbuilding projects, boat sales, and donations.
- Working with a diverse demographic of alternative learners, including at-risk youth.
- Coordinating, training, and managing part-time staff and volunteers.
- Maintaining and supplying the wood shop, specifically for boat building, and the Maine FabLab.
- Promoting the Compass Project and Maine FabLab to the community at large.
- Participating in fundraising and development.
- Spearheading marketing and promotion for the program and facilities.
- Candidates must possess strong organizational, communication and supervisory skills and the ability to relate well to students, staff, parents and volunteers.
- This position requires flexibility, organization, creativity, and an interest in making.
- Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple projects/programs at the same time.
- Marketing and budget experience is also expected.
Please send resumé and qualifications to email@example.com no later than July 1.